Strawberry Chipotle Cream Empanada
- Total Time
Flatout Rustic white artisan thin1 flatbread(s)
low fat cream cheese1 Tbsp
canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce½ tsp
strawberry jam1 tsp
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Using a 3-inch circular cookie cutter, cut two circles from pizza crust. If you desire, use a knife to cut out a strawberry design in the center of one circle.
- Place cream cheese in center of remaining circle. Top with adobo chipotle sauce; spread strawberry jam on top.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg and water. Brush sides of cream-cheese-topped circle with egg wash. Then brush entire remaining circle with egg wash.
- Place egg-washed circle on top of cream-cheese-topped circle. With a fork, press down on the edges to enclose the empanada.
- Cover a cookie sheet with a nonstick baking mat. Place empanada on it; bake until golden brown, 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, then halve and serve.