The bright green hue of this side dish will liven up any meal. It’s perfect with grilled meat, poultry, fish or tofu.
- 1/3 cup(s) reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 cup(s) uncooked sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cup(s) uncooked asparagus, cut in 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 tsp ginger root, minced
- 2 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated
- 2 tsp teriyaki sauce
- 1/8 tsp table salt
Heat 2 tablespoons of broth in a deep skillet or wok; add sugar snap peas and asparagus. Stir-fry until vegetables are tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes (add 1 to 2 more tablespoons of broth to prevent burning, if necessary).
Add 2 more tablespoons of broth, garlic and ginger to skillet; stir-fry 1 minute.
Add lemon zest, teriyaki sauce and salt to skillet; stir-fry 1 minute more. Yields about 1 cup per serving.