Steak Salad with Creamy Feta Dressing (ED)
Fresh lemon juice
1 small clove(s), minced
Uncooked lean flank steak
½ pound(s), trimmed
Uncooked baby potatoes
Crumbled feta cheese
3 cup(s), shredded, torn
½ medium, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
½ cup(s), halved
- Combine 2 tablespoons lemon juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, ⅛ teaspoon oregano, thyme, and pepper in large zip-close plastic bag. Score both sides of steak in diamond pattern by making ⅛-inch-deep diagonal cuts at 1-inch intervals. Place steak in bag, squeeze out air, and seal bag. Turn to coat and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Just before cooking steak, bring small saucepan of water to boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and place in cold water to cool. Drain again and cut each potato in half.
- Spray medium ridged grill pan with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat. Remove steak from marinade and discard marinade. Add steak to pan and cook, turning once, until instant-read thermometer inserted into side of steak registers 145°F, about 8 minutes. Transfer to cutting board and let stand 5 minutes. Cut across grain into 8 slices.
- Meanwhile, place feta in large bowl and mash with fork. Add remaining 1½ tablespoons lemon juice, remaining 1½ teaspoons oil, remaining ⅛ teaspoon oregano, water, and salt. Whisk until smooth. Add lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, and potatoes and toss to combine. Divide salad evenly between 2 plates. Top evenly with steak.
- Per serving (2 cups salad and 4 slices steak)