- 1 tsp lime zest, grated
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), crushed through a garlic press
- 1 tsp cumin seeds, crushed
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 medium uncooked beets, peeled (about 3/4 lb)
- 2 cup(s) uncooked red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), thinly sliced
- 3 Tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 6 Tbsp queso cotija, or Parmesan cheese, coarsely shredded
- 3 Tbsp roasted salted pepitas, (pumpkin seeds)
In a large bowl, whisk together lime zest and juice, oil, garlic, cumin, salt and pepper.
Spiralize beets; add to dressing.
Add cabbage, scallions and oregano to beets; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese and pepitas; serve.
Serving size: 1/2 c slaw