- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 1/4 pound(s) uncooked butternut squash, fresh, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), halved and thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, chopped
Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a large nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray.
Place squash and onion on prepared baking sheet; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Sprinkle with garam masala, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Roast, tossing about halfway through cooking, until squash and onions are tender and slightly browned, about 25 minutes.
Transfer vegetables to a serving platter or bowl and sprinkle with cilantro; toss to coat. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- Buy already peeled, precut squash at your super market to cut prep time.