- 2 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 2 large egg(s), beaten
- 2 medium uncooked scallion(s), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper(s), thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) frozen peas and carrots
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cooked medium grain brown rice
- 4 tsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat pan; cook egg through, remove to a plate and break egg up into small pieces with a fork.
Off heat, recoat skillet with cooking spray. Add scallions, pepper, peas and carrots, garlic and ginger to skillet; sauté for 5 minutes. Add rice; heat through. Stir in cooked egg, soy sauce and rice wine vinegar; serve. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- This dish works best with completely cooled rice. If you don’t have any rice already cooked, cook 3/4 cup uncooked brown rice according to package instructions and spread out on a sheet pan to cool while you prep the vegetables.Craving Pork Fried Rice? Just add some diced Canadian Bacon to the skillet with the veggies (could affect SmartPoints values).