- Total Time
olive oil2 tsp
uncooked lean ground beef1 pound(s), (7% fat or less)
uncooked onion(s)1 small, chopped
garlic clove(s)1 medium clove(s), minced
canned crushed tomatoes28 oz, (1 can)
canned tomato sauce15 ½ oz, (1 can)
dried oregano1 tsp
table salt1 tsp
dried basil½ tsp
red pepper flakes¼ tsp
shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese1 ½ cup(s)
part-skim ricotta cheese1 cup(s)
uncooked lasagna noodles6 item(s)
grated Parmesan cheese½ cup(s)
- Heat oil in large heavy nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, and garlic; cook, breaking up beef with side of wooden spoon, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, oregano, salt, basil, and pepper flakes; reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Meanwhile, stir together 1 cup of mozzarella and the ricotta in medium bowl.
- Spoon one-third of beef mixture into 5-quart slow cooker. Break 3 lasagna noodles in half and arrange over beef mixture; top with half of mozzarella mixture. Repeat layers once; top with remaining beef mixture. Cover and cook on Low 4–6 hours. Remove cover and turn off heat.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella and the Parmesan over beef mixture. Cover and set aside until mozzarella is melted and lasagna sets up, about 10 minutes.
- Per serving: 1/6 of lasagna