- 14 1/2 oz canned crushed tomatoes, fire-roasted
- 2 fl oz red wine, dry-variety
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 3/4 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 thigh uncooked bone in skinless chicken thigh
- 2 cup(s) fresh mushroom(s), sliced (fresh, frozen or canned)
- 1 medium green pepper(s), thinly sliced (fresh or frozen)
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 33 2/3 gm olive(s), (1/4 cup) chopped
Place chicken in a 3- to 5-quart slow cooker. Add mushrooms, green pepper, onion, garlic, tomato paste, tomatoes and juice, wine, oregano, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and black pepper.
Cover slow cooker; cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 6 to 8 hours. Taste just before serving and add remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt if necessary. Yields about 1 cup per serving.