Shrimp, fresh crunchy vegetables and a homemade vinaigrette come together deliciously in this super-easy main dish salad.
- 1 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, large variety, peeled and deveined
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1/2 cup(s) sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked celery, very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), very thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 Tbsp fresh tarragon, chopped (optional)
Cook shrimp in a large pot of rapidly boiling water until bright pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Drain, rinse under cold water and drain again; set aside.
In a large bowl, combine vinegar, oil, salt and pepper.
Add shrimp, red pepper, celery, onion, parsley and tarragon (if using) to bowl; toss to mix and coat. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes for flavors to blend. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Add a diced avocado for a touch of richness. This is also delicious with calamari or scallops or a combination of the two. Serve on a bed of arugula or other greens with a crusty whole grain baguette (any changes to recipe could affect its SmartPoints value).