Seasoned Pork Tenderloin
- 1/2 cup(s) reduced-calorie pancake syrup
- 1 tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean pork tenderloin, use two 1 1/4-pound pieces
- In a large zip-close plastic bag, combine syrup, dry mustard, cloves, ginger, salt, cinnamon and pepper. Trim pork of all visible fat and cut each tenderloin in half widthwise. Add tenderloins to plastic bag, squeeze out air and seal bag; turn to coat tenderloins. Place bag on a plate and refrigerate on bottom shelf, turning bag occasionally, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Place tenderloins in a roasting pan and pour marinade over them. Broil 5 inches from heat until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F, about 5 minutes per side. Let stand at room temperature for at least 3 minutes before slicing. Yields about 4 ounces pork per serving.