- 1 pound(s) uncooked scallop(s), wash and dried
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, reshly ground
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup(s) uncooked shallot(s)
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup(s) white wine
- 3 Tbsp fresh parsley, fresh, minced (or to taste)
Season scallops with salt and pepper.
Place a large skillet over medium-high heat; add oil. When oil shimmers, add scallops to pan, flat-side down; cook until just browned on bottom and you can see moisture appearing on top of scallops, about 2 minutes. Flip scallops and brown on other side, about 1 minute; reduce heat to medium.
Add shallots and garlic to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, until shallots are lightly browned, about 2 minutes (be careful not to burn garlic). Add wine; stir and cook until liquid starts to reduce, about 1 to 2 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley; serve. Yields about 4 ounces scallops per serving.