- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), cut into 1/4-inch-thick bite-size slices
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, minced
- 2 Tbsp sherry (dry or sweet), or white wine, divided
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil, divided
- 1 Tbsp sambal oelek
- 1 Tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp packed brown sugar
- 2 cup(s) uncooked bell pepper(s), julienned
- 1 cup(s) uncooked scallion(s), sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice, or to taste
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, ginger, 1 Tbsp of sherry or wine, cornstarch and salt. Stir in 1 tsp of oil.
In a small bowl, combine sambal oelek, fish sauce, brown sugar, remaining 1 Tbsp of white wine and 2 Tbsp cold water.
Heat a 14-inch flat-bottomed wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat until a drop of water evaporates within 1 to 2 seconds of contact. Swirl in 1 Tbsp of oil. Add chicken and spread evenly in one layer in wok. Cook undisturbed 1 minute, letting chicken begin to sear. Stir-fry 1 minute until chicken is no longer pink but not cooked through.
Swirl in remaining 2 tsp oil. Add peppers and scallions, and stir-fry 30 seconds or until scallions are bright green. Swirl sauce into wok and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Stir in lime juice just before serving. Yields 1 cup per serving.