Salmon Niçoise Salad with Lemon-Caper Dressing 2
- Total Time
uncooked red potato(es)6 oz, cut into 1/2-inch slices
fresh lemon juice2 Tbsp
fresh lemon juice1 tsp
extra virgin olive oil2 tsp
Dijon mustard1 tsp
uncooked shallot(s)1 Tbsp, minced
capers1 Tbsp, drained, minced
uncooked string beans¼ pound(s), trimmed
uncooked wild pink salmon fillet(s)½ pound(s), 2 (1/4-pound) fillets
table salt1 pinch
fresh mixed greens2 cup(s)
plum tomato(es)2 medium, cut into wedges
whole hard boiled egg(s)1 item(s), large, peeled and sliced
olive(s)6 medium, Niçoise variety, halved
- Put potatoes in small saucepan, add enough water to cover, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until potatoes are tender, about 8 minutes. With slotted spoon, transfer potatoes to small bowl.
- Meanwhile, to make dressing, whisk together lemon juice, oil, water, and mustard in small bowl. Stir in shallot and capers. Add 1½ teaspoons dressing to hot potatoes and toss to coat.
- Add beans to same saucepan and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water to cool.
- Sprinkle salmon with salt. Put salmon in steamer basket and set in saucepan over 1 inch boiling water. Cover and steam just until opaque in center, about 8 minutes.
- Arrange salad greens evenly on 2 plates. Top evenly with potatoes, beans, tomatoes, egg, and olives. Top each salad with salmon fillet and drizzle evenly with remaining dressing.
- Per serving (1 salad)