- 3 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 4 cup(s) uncooked green snap beans, trimmed
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, or cherry tomatoes, cut in half (or quartered, if large)
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, cut into ribbons, divided
- 2 tsp minced garlic, or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or more to taste
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
Place green beans in a single layer in prepared pan and coat with cooking spray. Roast until desired doneness, stirring once or twice, about 10 to 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, 2 tablespoons of basil, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside.
When green beans are finished, remove from oven and spoon tomato mixture into pan; toss thoroughly. Serve hot, room temperature or chilled, topped with remaining 2 tablespoons of basil. Yields about 1 cup per serving.
- This is the perfect side for a burger, grilled chicken or steak.It's also delicious added to marinara sauce and then tossed with pasta and shredded cheese.