Chicken breasts, artichoke hearts, tomatoes and zucchini are seasoned with fresh lemon, oregano, garlic and olive oil and then roasted all at once.
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 5 tsp olive oil, extra virgin, divided
- 3 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), chopped
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 large uncooked zucchini, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 14 oz canned artichoke hearts without oil, drained well and halved
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s)
Preheat oven to 450ºF. Coat a large nonstick baking pan with cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine 4 tsp oil, garlic, oregano, lemon juice, 1 tsp zest, salt and pepper; add vegetables and toss to coat. Lift vegetables out of bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving some oil mixture in bowl. Place vegetables in an even layer on one side of prepared pan, leaving room for chicken. Add chicken to bowl and turn to coat; place on empty side of pan.
Roast until vegetables are tender and chicken is cooked through, stirring vegetables once, about 15 to 20 minutes. Drizzle vegetables with remaining 1 tsp each oil and zest; toss to coat. Drizzle chicken with any pan juices.
Serving size: 3 oz chicken and 1 c vegetables
- Turkey cutlets can be used instead of chicken breasts - just add them to the pan about 5 minutes into the cooking time because they cook more quickly than the vegetable mixture.