A fantastic combination of flavor and texture that barely needs any additional seasoning. Excellent with roasted poultry, meat or fish.
- 3 spray(s) olive oil cooking spray
- 4 medium uncooked carrot(s), peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 medium uncooked fennel bulb(s), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or less to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or less to taste
- 2 tsp orange zest, navel, minced, optional*
Preheat oven to 425ºF. Coat a large roasting pan with cooking spray.
Place carrots and fennel in a single layer in prepared pan; coat with cooking spray. Roast, stirring once or twice, until vegetables begin to turn lightly golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper; sprinkle with zest. Yields about 1/2 cup per serving.
- *Feel free to substitute 1 to 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, 1/4 cup of minced fresh parsley, 1 tablespoon of minced fresh dill or 1 tablespoons of minced fresh tarragon for the orange zest.