Here’s a wonderful side dish for roasted chicken, turkey or pork.
- 3 1/2 cup(s) uncooked carrot(s), peeled, cut into chunks on the bias
- 3 1/2 cup(s) uncooked butternut squash, peeled, cubed
- 6 medium uncooked shallot(s), quartered
- 5 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp orange zest, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
Spread carrot, squash and shallot in a single layer on prepared pan and coat with cooking spray; season with salt, cinnamon, cumin and pepper. Roast until well browned, stirring once halfway through cooking, 30-35 minutes. Serve vegetables sprinkled with zest and thyme.
Serving size: 1 c