- 2 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, medium thickness, tough stems snapped off
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 7 1/2 oz roasted red peppers (packed in water)
- 1/4 cup(s) reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 small clove(s) garlic clove(s)
- 1/2 tsp paprika, smoked
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Put asparagus on a nonstick baking sheet; drizzle with oil and toss. Spread into a single layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast, shaking pan once or twice during cooking, until asparagus is fork-tender, about 10 to 15 minutes (varies greatly depending on thickness of spears).
Meanwhile, drain peppers and pat dry with paper towels. Place peppers, mayonnaise, garlic and paprika in a food processor or blender; process until smooth and set aside.
Arrange asparagus on a serving plate; drizzle with pepper mixture (or pour into a small bowl and serve as a dipping sauce).
Serving size: 1/6 of asparagus plus 2 Tbsp sauce
- The roasted pepper sauce also makes a great vegetable dip or a topping for grilled chicken or fish.