- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), chopped
- 1 large yellow pepper(s), chopped
- 28 oz canned diced tomatoes, plum, with juice
- 1 small uncooked onion(s), yellow, chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parsley, flat-leaf, chopped
- 3 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 1/2 tsp dried basil, or 1 tbsp fresh
- 1/2 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 12 oz uncooked rigatoni, cooked and kept hot
- 3 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add oil and heat over medium-high heat. Add peppers; sauté until slightly tender, about 3 minutes. Cover pan and allow to cook until softened, stirring a few times, about 3 minutes more.
Add tomatoes, onion, parsley, garlic and basil; stir, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until most of liquid has evaporated, about 10 minutes; season to taste. Serve sauce over pasta; sprinkle with cheese.
Yields about 1 cup pasta, 1/3 cup sauce and 1 1/2 teaspoons cheese per serving.
- Garnish with freshly sliced basil.