- 1 cup(s) uncooked quinoa,
- 1 medium corn, kernels removed*
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper(s), diced
- 1/2 medium yellow pepper(s), diced
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tbsp orange zest
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened orange juice, freshly squeezed (or less to taste)
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped almonds, toasted
Boil 2 cups of water over medium-high heat. Add quinoa and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes; cool to room temperature.
Stir corn, peppers, lemon juice, orange zest and juice, oil, salt and pepper into quinoa. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with almonds and serve. Yields about 3/4 cup per serving.
- If you've never had quinoa before, you'll love its versatility and the fact that it cooks in about half the amount of time as rice.We used a half cup of red quinoa and a half cup of regular quinoa in this recipe but you can use one or the other, if you prefer.*To learn how to remove the kernels from an ear of corn, click here.