Pepperoni Pizza Burgers
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 2 medium plum tomato(es), sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 1/2 oz parmesan cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 item(s) light hamburger roll(s) or bun(s), toasted
- 4 leaf/leaves basil
- 1 oz pepperoni, thinly sliced
- Coat a large griddle, outdoor grill rack or stovetop grill pan with cooking spray; preheat to medium-high.
- In a large bowl, combine beef, salt, garlic powder, oregano and crushed red pepper; divide mixture into four balls and then gently press each one into a 4-inch patty.
- Grill tomatoes, flipping once, until grill marks are evident; about 4 minutes. Remove from grill; set aside.
- Grill burgers, flipping once, about 5 minutes per side for medium (or to desired degree of doneness). Sprinkle each burger with 1/4 of cheese about 2 minutes before fully finished cooking on second side; cook until cheese melts.
- Serve each burger on a toasted bun, topped with 1 basil leaf, 1/4 of tomatoes and 1/4 of pepperoni.
- Serving size: 1 burger