Penne with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 8 oz uncooked penne
- 1 tsp table salt, for cooking pasta
- 1/4 cup(s) canned chicken broth, (see note)
- 2 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 8 oz fresh spinach, washed, stemmed, coarsely chopped (about 5 cups)
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 6 Tbsp crumbled feta cheese
- Cook penne in boiling salted water according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup cooking liquid before draining pasta.
- Meanwhile, heat broth in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until aromatic, about 2 minutes. Add spinach, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until spinach is tender, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add cooked penne, reserved cooking liquid and tomatoes to skillet. Increase heat to medium-high and cook until tomatoes are slightly pulpy, stirring occasionally, about 2 to 3 minutes; add cheese and heat through. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
Use vegetable broth to make this vegetarian.