This no-cook sauce is meant to show off the best tomatoes of the season. It’s done in minutes and gorgeously fresh.
- 2 pound(s) fresh cherry tomato(es), preferably a mixture of reds and yellows
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, packed leaves, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 12 oz uncooked whole-wheat spaghetti, cooked and drained according to package instructions
Roughly chop the tomatoes; place in a large bowl. Stir in the basil, oil, vinegar, oregano, sugar, salt and pepper. Add the drained pasta and toss well. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.