- 1 1/4 tsp table salt, divided, or more to taste
- 8 oz uncooked whole wheat pasta, spaghetti or linguine recommended
- 4 1/2 cup(s) fresh spinach, baby variety, washed and dried
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 small clove(s) garlic clove(s)
- 2 1/2 tbsp Weight Watchers Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil (use 1 teaspoon salt). Add pasta and cook as package directs until al dente, about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process spinach, water, oil, garlic and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt until smooth; set aside.
Reserve 1/4 cup pasta cooking water and then drain pasta. Return pasta to pot; add cream cheese and stir until melted. Add pesto sauce and toss to combine, adding reserved cooking water if a thinner consistency is desired. Season with fresh lemon juice and salt, if desired. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.
- Sprinkle with freshly grated Parmesan cheese if desired. And/or stir in some roasted cherry tomatoes (could affect SmartPoints value).