- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 large egg(s)
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined (about 1 lb)
- 3 Tbsp low sugar orange marmalade
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 450°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
Combine coconut and panko in a shallow bowl. Heat coconut oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add coconut mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and curry powder; spoon back into bowl.
Beat egg in a medium bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat. Dredge shrimp in coconut mixture, turn to coat and place on prepared pan. Bake until firm and cooked through, 10 minutes.
While shrimp cook, whisk together marmalade, chili sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper flakes; garnish with scallions. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce on side.
Serving size: 4 shrimp plus 1 rounded Tbsp sauce