- 1/2 cup(s) unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup(s) panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp curry powder
- 1 large egg(s)
- 24 large uncooked shrimp, peeled, deveined (about 1 lb)
- 3 Tbsp orange marmalade
- 3 Tbsp Sweet Thai chili sauce
- 1 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 pinch table salt
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbsp uncooked scallion(s), chopped (for garnish)
Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper.
Combine coconut and panko in a shallow bowl. Heat coconut oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat; add coconut mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until lightly browned, 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in salt and curry powder; spoon back into bowl.
Beat egg in a medium bowl; add shrimp and toss to coat. Dredge shrimp in coconut mixture, turn to coat and place on prepared pan. Bake until firm and cooked through, 10-12 minutes.
While shrimp cook, whisk together marmalade, chili sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper flakes; garnish with scallions. Serve shrimp immediately with sauce on side.
Serving size: 4 shrimp plus 1 rounded Tbsp sauce