Old-Fashioned Chicken Potpie (Family Meals)
2 cup(s), or white variety, sliced
1 small, chopped
cooked skinless boneless chicken breast(s)
3 cup(s), chopped, coarsely chopped
frozen mixed vegetables
canned chicken broth
fat free evaporated milk
reduced fat crescent roll dough
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 10-inch shallow round baking dish or casserole dish with nonstick spray.
- Spray large pot with nonstick spray. Add butter and melt over medium heat. Add mushrooms and onion; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in chicken, mixed vegetables, broth, salt, paprika, thyme, and pepper. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together 1/4 cup of evaporated milk and the flour in small bowl until smooth; stir into chicken mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce bubbles and thickens, about 2 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk and cook 3 minutes longer.
- Spoon chicken mixture into prepared baking dish. Unroll crescent rolls and arrange around inside edge of baking dish to form border (the middle will not be covered). Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, about 15 minutes.
- Per serving: 1/6 of potpie