Creamy and rich meet light and airy. The marvelous mouthfeel of these no-bake cookies is from pureed chickpeas.
- 3/4 cup(s) canned drained chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbsp creamy peanut butter with omega-3
- 1/3 cup(s) dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp WW Reduced fat whipped cream cheese spread
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter chips
- 2 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
Combine chickpeas, peanut butter, brown sugar, cream cheese, vanilla extract, salt and baking soda in a food processor; process until completely smooth. Add flour and peanut butter chips; pulse until just combined. Refrigerate until mixture is chilled, at least 1 hour.
Using a melon baller, scoop cookie dough mixture into 36 small balls; gently place in a mixing bowl.
In a small bowl, sift together powdered sugar and cocoa powder; remove 2 tablespoons of sugar mixture and gently toss with chilled cookie dough bites (reserve remaining sugar mixture).
Arrange coated bites on a serving platter and keep chilled until ready to serve; dust with remaining sugar mixture just before serving. Yields 1 cookie per serving.
- Pureed chickpeas add protein and fiber to these cookies. Try them in blondies, date-nut bread or chocolate chip cookies.