Lemon, cheese, berries – a delicious dessert trio. We made these bite-size so you can satisfy your sweet tooth without overdoing it.
- 30 item(s) mini phyllo shell(s), thawed if frozen
- 8 oz low fat cream cheese, at room temperature (use 1/3-less-fat variety)
- 1/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp sugar, granulated
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest, freshly grated (plus extra for garnish)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 medium strawberries, cut into 6 pieces each
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place phyllo shells on a baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, about 5 minutes; let cool.
Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, briskly whisk together softened cream cheese, yogurt, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until smooth.
Spoon cream cheese mixture into a plastic ziptop food storage bag, snip off a corner and evenly pipe mixture into baked shells (or fill with a spoon); top each with a piece of strawberry and garnish with lemon zest. Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 4 hours. Yields 1 tart per serving.
- For an extra-special touch, melt strawberry jelly and brush over strawberries to glaze (could affect the recipe’s SmartPoints value). These can also be topped with raspberries, blackberries or blueberries.