Greek yogurt and bananas make these cupcakes super moist. An easy two-ingredient frosting adds amazing richness.
- 3/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup(s) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 3 small banana(s), ripe, mashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup(s) plain low fat Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup(s) sugar, granulated
- 1 large egg(s)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 10 Tbsp mini chocolate chips
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 cup(s) lite whipped topping, thawed
- 3 Tbsp salted creamy peanut butter, or unsalted
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a large bowl, combine mashed bananas, yogurt, sugar, egg and vanilla extract. Fold dry ingredients into wet ingredients until just combined; gently stir in chocolate chips.
Coat a 24 hole mini-muffin pan with cooking spray (or line with cupcake liners) and fill each with a heaping tablespoon batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Cool to room temperature in pan, about 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, to make frosting, beat together whipped topping and peanut butter by hand until light and fluffy. Frost each cupcake with a rounded teaspoon frosting and chill until ready to serve. Yields 1 cupcake per serving.