- 8 oz uncooked 93% lean ground beef
- 12 oz uncooked ground turkey breast
- 1 medium uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) uncooked old fashioned oats
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbsp hot pepper sauce
- 2 large egg white(s), beaten slightly
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 large uncooked potato(es)
- 1/4 cup(s) fat free skim milk
- 1/4 cup(s) plain fat free yogurt
- 1/4 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 Tbsp chives, minced
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp reduced-fat sour cream
Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray. Combine beef, turkey, onion and oats in a large bowl. Mix together tomato sauce, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, egg whites, salt and pepper. Add to meat mixture and mix well with hands. Press into pan and bake for 60 to 70 minutes. (Note: Add an extra egg white if meatloaf does not hold together properly.)
Peel potatoes and cut into large chunks. Cover with salted water and bring to the boil. Cook until tender when pierced by a knife. Remove from heat and drain.
Mash potatoes. Combine with milk, yogurt, sour cream and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Do not overbeat or potatoes will become gummy.
Serve potatoes with meatloaf.