Maple-glazed Cornish hens with spinach and pear
2 tsp, melted
Chopped frozen spinach
10 oz, thawed and squeezed dry
1 large, Bosc varitey, peeled, cored, and diced
1 item(s), finely chopped
Uncooked skinless Cornish hen
4 oz, 2 (1 1/4-pound) Cornish hens, giblets removed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray large rimmed baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Combine remaining 1 teaspoon maple syrup, remaining 1 teaspoon butter, spinach, pear, pecans, shallot, salt, nutmeg, and pepper in medium bowl. Divide spinach mixture into 2 mounds in center of prepared pan, spacing 2 inches apart.
- With kitchen scissors, cut down along both sides of backbone of each hen and discard backbones. Flatten hens and place each hen, skin sides up, on top of spinach mixture. Brush hens with maple-syrup mixture. Roast until instant-read thermometer inserted into thigh registers 165°F, about 45 minutes.
- Serve hens with spinach mixture. Remove skin before eating.
- Serving size: 1/2 stuffed hen and 1/2 cup spinach mixture