- 3 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter, divided
- 4 roll(s) reduced calorie hot dog bun(s), split open
- 1 pound(s) uncooked lobster meat, about 2 or 3 tails (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 medium lemon(s), cut into 4 wedges
Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons butter; brush on insides of split hot dog buns and set aside.
To remove meat from lobster tails, turn tails upside down and make a slit with a sharp knife in the underside of shell from top to tail. Hold shell with both hands and crack shell backwards so you can pull lobster meat out of shell in one piece, starting at top and working it out of the tail.
Slice raw lobster into bite-size pieces.
Heat skillet over a medium-low heat; add remaining 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. When butter has melted, sauté lobster until pink, about 4 minutes. Remove lobster to a plate and deglaze pan with lemon juice; remove sauce from skillet and set aside.
Carefully wipe skillet clean; set over medium heat. Toast hot dog buns, buttered-side down, until golden brown.
Lay each toasted bun open on a plate and fill with lobster. Pour deglazed sauce over rolls and serve with lemon wedges. Yields 1 lobster roll per serving.
- A real New England treat, these rolls can be made with shrimp, scallops or crabmeat (could affect SmartPoints value). We wanted to highlight the lobster so we kept the seasonings simple but you can add 1 teaspoon of fresh minced tarragon or chives, or 1/2 teaspoon of minced capers to the butter, if desired.