¼ cup(s), softened
Unpacked brown sugar
Uncooked egg yolk(s)
Fat free skim milk
4 large, at room temperature
Fresh lemon juice
1 cup(s), seedless, raspberry
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Lightly coat a 9- x 13-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Cream margarine in a medium bowl; add brown sugar, beating well. Add next eight ingredients; mix well.
- Spread batter evenly into pan (batter will be thin in pan). Bake until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using an electric mixer, beat egg whites in a large bowl at high speed until foamy. Add lemon juice; continue beating until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until stiff peaks form; set aside.
- Spread jam over hot crust and then spread egg whites carefully over jam; bake until meringue is golden brown, about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow to cool completely before cutting into 20 bars.