- 1 pinch table salt, for cooking pasta (or to taste)
- 6 oz uncooked linguini, or spaghetti
- 1 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, ends trimmed, sliced diagonally into 1-in pieces
- 3/4 cup(s) frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup(s) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 10 tsp grated Parmesan cheese, Parmigiano-Reggiano, divided
- 1 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp lemon zest, (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground (or more to taste)
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh mint leaves, or basil, chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil; add pasta and cook until almost al dente, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus and peas and return to a boil; cook until pasta and vegetables are tender, about 4 minutes more. Drain pasta and vegetables, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid; set aside.
In a serving bowl, combine ricotta, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oil, garlic, lemon zest, 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper and 1/4 cup reserved cooking liquid.
Add pasta, vegetables and mint to bowl; toss to mix and coat, adding more cooking liquid if desired. Serve sprinkled with remaining 4 teaspoons Parmesan cheese and additional pepper and/or lemon zest, if desired. Yields about 1 1/4 cups per serving.