- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), seeded, cored and chopped
- 1 medium uncooked zucchini, chopped
- 1 clove(s), medium garlic clove(s), minced
- 2 cup(s) fat free salsa, jarred, green, mild or medium-flavor
- 10 oz cooked lima beans
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 3/4 pound(s) uncooked shrimp, medium-size, peeled and deveined
Coat a large saucepan with cooking spray and heat over medium heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, and zucchini; cook, stirring often, until somewhat softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic; cook for 20 seconds.
Stir in the salsa, beans, water, lime juice, and cumin; bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce the heat to low and simmer 15 minutes.
Stir in the shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and firm, about 2 to 3 minutes. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.