Lemon-Buttermilk Bundt Cake (Family Meals)
¾ cup(s), finely grated
1 Tbsp, grated (about 2 large lemons)
Fresh lemon juice
6 Tbsp, softened
3 oz, softened
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 10-cup Bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together ﬂour, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon of salt in medium bowl. Stir together buttermilk, beets, and lemon zest and juice in another medium bowl.
- With electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl until light and ﬂuffy. Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of vanilla, beating until mixed well. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add ﬂour mixture alternately with beet mixture, beginning and ending with ﬂour mixture and beating just until mixed (batter will be thick).
- Spoon batter into prepared pan and spread evenly. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cake cool completely in pan on wire rack. Place cake plate on top of pan. Turn plate and pan over. Lift off pan to unmold cake.
- To make glaze, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, milk, and remaining ½ teaspoon vanilla and pinch salt in medium bowl until smooth. Drizzle over top of cake. Cut into 16 slices.
- Per serving: 1/16 of cake