Toss the ingredients into a slow cooker in the morning, and you'll be eating this delicious, almost effortless homemade soup for dinner.
- 58 oz canned chicken broth, four 14.5 oz cans
- 16 oz low-fat sausage(s), or reduced-fat kielbasa, cut into bite-size pieces
- 15 oz canned pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 15 oz canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 medium uncooked carrot(s), chopped
- 3 rib(s), medium uncooked celery, chopped
- 1 large uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
Mix all ingredients, except tomatoes, in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
Stir in tomatoes; cover and cook on HIGH until heated through, about 15 minutes more. Yields about 1 heaping cup per serving.