Turkey bacon adds a fabulous smoky flavor to the red wine vinegar and Dijon dressing. Drizzling it over the kale while it's still warm helps wilt the greens a little.
- 6 cup(s) uncooked kale, leaves only, shredded
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 slice(s) uncooked turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 small uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 8 oz button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 4 item(s) whole hard boiled egg(s), large, chopped
Put kale in a large salad bowl; set aside.
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; add bacon. Cook, stirring frequently, until crisp, about 5-7 minutes; drain bacon on paper towels and set aside.
Reduce heat to medium-low; add onion and mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 2-3 minutes.
Remove skillet from heat; stir in vinegar, mustard and sugar. Add bacon and gently stir; spoon over kale and toss well. Allow salad to sit for 5 minutes; add eggs and serve.
Serving size: 2 1/2 c salad