All the fabulous flavors of a typical Italian sub sandwich but in a much more sensible size. Make sure to toast the buns so they don’t get soggy.
- 3/4 cup(s), shredded romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 3 Tbsp plum tomato(es), diced
- 1 Tbsp, chopped uncooked red onion(s), diced
- 3/4 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/8 tsp table salt
- 3 oz turkey salami slice(s), thinly sliced
- 2 oz reduced fat provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 roll(s) reduced calorie hot dog bun(s), toasted
In a small bowl, toss together lettuce, tomato, onion, vinegar, oil, oregano, pepper and salt until blended.
To make each sandwich, layer half of salami and half of cheese in each bun; top with half of lettuce mixture. Yields 1 sandwich per serving.
- Instead of a hot dog bun, try these in pitas (could affect SmartPoints value).