- 1 small uncooked onion(s), chopped
- 1 medium clove(s) garlic clove(s), minced
- 1 large uncooked zucchini, diced
- 16 oz uncooked lean beef round, cut into 1-inch chunks, or 1 pound
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 Tbsp canned tomato paste
- 3/4 cup(s) dry lentils
- 4 cup(s) canned beef broth
- 1 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, slivered
Place all ingredients except basil in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker; stir well. Cook on Low until beef is very tender, 6−7 hours.
Stir in basil and cook 5 minutes longer.
Serving size: 1½ cups
- You can substitute 2 cups of fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch lengths, for the zucchini, and 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley for the basil.