- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp water
- 2 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 8 cup(s) arugula, baby leaves
- 2 cup(s) Cremini mushrooms, also known as baby bella, thinly sliced
- 1 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup(s), sliced uncooked red onion(s), thinly sliced
- 1 oz parmesan cheese, Parmigiano Reggiano suggested, at room temperature
In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, water, oil, salt and pepper until blended. Add arugula, mushrooms, tomatoes and onion; toss to mix and coat.
Transfer 2 1/2 cups of salad mixture onto each of four salad plates. Using a vegetable peeler, shave paper thin slices of Parmesan over each salad. Yields 1 salad per serving.
- Make sure to use a highly-flavored Parmesan cheese like Parmigiano Reggiano. It costs more than the Parmesan cheese you shake from a jar but for the same SmartPoints value, you get so much more flavor.