Honey-Mustard Roasted Salmon
- 1 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked wild pink salmon fillet(s), four 6-oz pieces, about 1-inch-thick each*
- 1/8 tsp table salt, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, coarsely ground, or to taste
- 1/4 cup(s) Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp dill, fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Coat a shallow baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season both sides of salmon with salt and pepper; place salmon in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, honey, water, vinegar, dry mustard and garlic powder. Remove 2 tablespoons of mustard sauce and brush over salmon fillets. Stir dill into remaining mustard sauce and set aside.
- Roast until salmon is fork-tender, about 15 minutes. Serve salmon with reserved mustard sauce spooned over top. Yields about 4 to 5 ounces of salmon and 1 1/2 tablespoons of sauce per serving.
*We used pink salmon fillets (also known as humpback salmon) in this recipe because they are less fatty than some other salmon varieties like coho and sockeye salmon. If you prefer to use a different type of salmon, just make sure to account for any extra SmartPoints values.