This is a super-easy way to prepare fresh figs when they're in season. They make a great dessert treat, or serve them as an appetizer with white wine spritzers.
- 16 medium fresh fig(s), washed and patted dry, each sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 Tbsp part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp soft-type goat cheese
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Place figs on large serving platter, cut side up. Combine ricotta, goat cheese, and thyme in small bowl. Spoon about ¾ teaspoon cheese mixture over each fig half; drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pepper.
Serving size: 4 fig halves