Here's a super easy way to prepare fresh figs when they're in season. Serve as an appetizer with white wine spritzers or as part of a salad over mixed greens.
- 16 medium fresh fig(s), washed and patted dry, each sliced in half lengthwise
- 6 Tbsp part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 Tbsp soft-type goat cheese, such as chevre
- 2 Tbsp fresh thyme, fresh, leaves
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, or to taste
Place figs on a large serving platter, cut-side up.
Combine cheeses and thyme in a small bowl. Spoon about 3/4 teaspoon cheese mixture over each fig half; drizzle with honey and sprinkle with pepper. Yields 4 fig halves per serving.