- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 4 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked halibut fillet(s), four 6 oz pieces
- 1 large sweet red pepper(s), quartered
- 1 large yellow pepper(s), quartered
- 1 medium uncooked red onion(s), sliced into 1/2- to 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 1 item(s) pocketless pita(s)
In a small bowl, combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt, oregano, garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper. Put halibut on a plate and drizzle with 3 tablesoons lemon mixture; turn to coat and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes.
Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
Lightly coat bell peppers and onion with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Coat halibut with cooking spray. Place fish and vegetables on grill; cook until fish is just cooked through and vegetables are lightly charred, flipping everything once, about 5 to 6 minutes per side. Remove fish and vegetables to a serving platter; separate onion into rings and drizzle everything with remaining lemon mixture.
Meanwhile, coat pita with cooking spray; grill until lightly marked, flipping once, about 1 minute per side. Remove from grill and cut into 8 wedges; serve with fish and vegetables. Yields 1 piece fish, 2 pieces pepper, about 1/4 cup onion and 2 pita wedges per serving.
- Cook the fish with the skin on so the fish does not fall apart; remove skin before serving. A few sliced Kalamata olives would be a nice addition to this recipe (could affect SmartPoints value).