A super-flavorful, Asian-spiced aioli punches up grilled scallops. Serve them on a bed of shredded veggies or skewer them for easy party food.
- 2 Tbsp reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha chili sauce, or less to taste
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp ginger root, fresh, minced
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound(s) uncooked scallop(s), sea variety, rinsed and dried
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, fresh, minced
- 4 cup(s) packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage and carrots)
In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sriracha, oil, ginger, garlic and vinegar; set aside.
Off heat, coat a gas grill or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over high heat. Coat both sides of scallops with cooking spray; season with salt. Grill scallops until grill marks are evident and scallops are cooked through, about 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve scallops over slaw mix, topped with sauce and garnished with cilantro. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces scallops, 1 cup slaw mix and about 2 1/4 teaspoons sauce per serving.
- The aioli can be made up to 2 days before serving.