- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tsp table salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground, divided
- 1 pound(s) uncooked scallop(s), sea variety (use large ones)
- 1 cup(s) fresh tomato(es), ripe, diced
- 1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh, chopped
- 3 spray(s) cooking spray, divided
- 4 medium corn, husked
- 1 pound(s) uncooked asparagus, tough ends trimmed
Preheat stovetop grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Put scallops on a plate and drizzle with 1 tablespoon lemon mixture; turn to coat and let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes. Add tomato and basil to remaining lemon mixture and set aside.
Meanwhile, lightly coat corn and asparagus with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Grill corn until browned on all sides, turning occasionally, about 10 to 12 minutes. Grill asparagus until lightly charred and tender, turning occasionally, about 5 to 6 minutes. Place corn and asparagus on serving platter; set aside (they will be served at room temperature).
Coat scallops with cooking spray; place on grill pan. Grill until scallops are just cooked through, turning once, about 5 minutes total; add to platter with corn and asparagus. Spoon tomato mixture over scallops and asparagus; serve. Yields about 4 scallops, 1/4 of asparagus, 1 ear of corn and 1/4 cup of tomato mixture per serving.
- This recipe can be made on an outdoor grill too. For easier grilling, thread scallops onto metal or wooden skewers (make sure to soak wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes first).Jumbo shrimp can be used instead of scallops or try a combination of the two (could affect SmartPoints value).