Grilled Flank Steak with Onions
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1/2 pound(s) uncooked lean flank steak
- 3/4 tsp table salt, divided
- 1 large uncooked red onion(s), cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- In a shallow glass dish (or sealable food storage bag), mix vinegar, oil, oregano, garlic and pepper. Add steak; turn to coat, making sure steak is coated with vinegar mixture. Cover dish (or seal bag); marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat outdoor grill.
- Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Sprinkle steak with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Coat onions with cooking spray; sprinkle with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Grill steak, turning once, until medium rare, about 15 minutes, or longer for desired degree of doneness. Let steak rest for 10 minutes.
- While steak is resting, grill onions, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and tender, about 7 to 9 minutes.
- To serve, thinly slice steak against the grain and place on a serving platter; scatter onions over top. Yields about 3 1/2 ounces steak and 1/3 cup onions per serving.