Grilling the ingredients in foil packets seals in all their delicious flavors and juices. Serve this recipe on its own or over rice or mixed greens.
- 4 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1 pound(s) uncooked boneless skinless chicken breast(s), four 4 oz pieces
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tsp olive oil, extra virgin
- 2 cup(s) grape tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) basil, fresh, leaves, roughly torn
Preheat outdoor grill to medium-high.
Tear off four (18- to 20-inch long) pieces of aluminum foil; lightly coat with cooking spray.
To make each packet, put a chicken breast on center of foil; rub chicken with 1/4 teaspoon garlic and then sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle 1 teaspoon oil evenly over chicken; top with 1/2 cup grape tomatoes and 1/4 cup basil. Bring short ends of foil together and fold over twice to form a seal; fold in sides to form seal, making sure to leave room for steam. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make four packets.
Place packets on grill and cook until chicken is cooked through, about 15 to 20 minutes.
Open packets (be careful of steam) and remove each piece of chicken to a cutting board; thinly slice or shred into pieces with two forks. Place each portion of chicken on a serving plate and pour tomatoes, basil and juices from packets over top. Yields 1 packet per serving.
- This recipe is equally delicious using fish fillets instead of chicken.If desired, wrap all the ingredients in one extra-large piece of foil and cook together; shred and serve.