- 3/4 cup(s) fat-free plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic, very finely minced
- 1/4 tsp paprika, regular or smoked variety, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked eggplant(s), about 3 baby eggplants
- 2 spray(s) cooking spray
- 1/4 cup(s) mint leaves, fresh, thinly sliced
In a small bowl, stir together yogurt, water, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cumin, garlic and paprika; set aside for at least 10 minutes for flavors to blend.
Preheat outdoor grill or stove-top grill pan to medium-high.
Slice eggplant lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices; coat with cooking spray and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt.
Grill eggplant until lightly charred and tender, turning as needed, about 8 to 10 minutes; remove to a serving platter or bowl. Spoon yogurt sauce over eggplant; sprinkle with mint and garnish with paprika. Yields about 2 slices of eggplant and 2 tablespoons of sauce per serving.
- Turn leftovers into a tasty sandwich filling: chop the eggplant and toss with some of the sauce, baby arugula and sliced tomato and/or cucumber.