Green bean, pearl onion and dill frittata
WW Reduced fat shredded Mexican style blend cheese
Frozen pearl onion(s)
Frozen cut green beans
16 oz, or whole green beans
2 Tbsp, fresh, chopped
Regular liquid egg substitute
- This recipe is intended to make use of leftovers from our Cook Once, Eat All Week Series. If you do not have enough of the Green Beans and Caramelized Onions with Dill recipe left over (you need about 3 cups for the frittata), click on the recipe link above to make it from scratch. If you do have enough, omit the first 7 ingredients on this recipe list and skip to step 2.
- Once you have the green bean and onion recipe made or the leftovers on hand, preheat broiler.
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a large oven-proof, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add green bean and onion mixture and cook 2 minutes to heat through. Pour egg substitute over vegetables and cook until eggs are almost cooked to the surface (about 1/4-inch from the surface), shaking pan frequently, but not stirring, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese over surface of egg mixture. Place pan under broiler and cook until egg is cooked and cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Slice into 6 pieces and serve. (Note: This dish will last up to 2 days in the refrigerator.)
- Learn more about our Cook Once, Eat All Week Series.